Need some good high-calorie vegetables. Also some questions regarding potatoes and some legumes.

I am looking for high calorie vegetables. Obviously quite hard as, working in a Mexican restaurant, grains, corn, and beans are off the table.

So far I really only have yams and sweet potatoes. What are some other calorie dense vegetables I can go for? I can only hand so much meat, and while veggies like broccoli, carrots, and red/orange/yellow bell peppers are good they are more beneficial for nutrients than for actual calories.

The bit about yams and sweet potatoes kind of brings me to my next question: how are these paleo, but potatoes are not? As far as I can see a potato would be paleo… if you’re a caveman and find a potato growing in a field you pluck it and eat it. Simple as that. Same for peanuts and peas. What makes them not paleo because it seems just like if I went back in time… and came across them as a hunter-gatherer… can’t possibly see how they would be adapted to eat.

submitted by /u/TexanLoneStar
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2ZRSrV3
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...