I think I'm under eating, need advice please!

Hello all! I’m about 3 weeks into my paleo transition and I started tracking calories to see if I was eating a healthy amount, as I started feeling very weak and dizzy after a while. For my current weight I’d need to eat about 2,600 calories to maintain (which I’m definitely not trying to do, looking for weight loss), but I was averaging 1,200, sometimes closer to 1,000 calories, up to maybe 1,500 on a good day (very occasionally closer to 1,800 if I had a really rich meal like a steak with sides). Could this be the cause of the feeling weak and dizzy? My water intake has been relatively good as well.

A typical day of eating would be:

Breakfast: a mashed sweet potato with half a banana and some pecans, or a sausage/egg/potato mixture, very occasionally I’ll skip breakfast but most days I try to make sure I eat something in the morning

Lunch: half a chicken breast with some kind of veggie (usually half a cup to a cup of veggies) and some kind of roasted potatoes, or salmon or a small pork chop instead of chicken

Dinner: usually a variation of lunch

I eat mostly on small “salad” plates to avoid over eating, as I’ve struggled significantly with disordered/binge and restricting eating most of my life, so I just put what will fit on my plate and avoid going for seconds, unless I’m still hungry, which I rarely am since adopting this way of eating.

Does anyone have any advice, or alterations they would make? I’m stuck with a super tight budget. I tried keto a while back, for a few months, and it just did not work for me. So I’m not sure about lowering my carbs again, but I’m open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!

submitted by /u/spade095
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3ogvEKG
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...