Protein Powder on Paleo - Is it "allowed"? Any brands I should avoid or use?

Hi all,

I’m interested in trying out Paleo for weight loss coupled with an active lifestyle of jogging, cycling, tabata and gym workouts. Already by my own design, my grocery consumption is at least 75% paleo - I just gotta cut out yogurt & goat cheese, beans, bananas and these pesky Clif protein bars I love but obviously are just there for my sweet tooth (helloooooo dark chocolate here I come).

BUT my one big hangup is protein powder. I see conflicting opinions all over the internet: whey is just a part of dairy, so it’s okay/whey is cheating/you gotta buy paleo specific protein powder/all powders are super-processed so they’re all banned… I don’t think I can/want to give up protein powder as it’s a routine snack for me and great after exercise. Can I stick to my current brand of whey isolate if that’s the one item I “cheat” with on an otherwise adherent paleo routine? FWIW I have a protein shake almost every day and I plan to maintain a 16:8 intermittent fasting schedule as well; additionally, I have no digestive issues.

PS - I’d love some educated input and not the standard “it’s really a personal choice for each individual”-type response. I know it’s up to me and my goals but I’m good at taking direction and open to being educated, so I’m seeking a knowledgeable answer to what appears to be a pretty amorphous issue out there in the online community. Not trying to be a dick. Thanks.

submitted by /u/hockeyandburritos
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3ANgOzK
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...