Too much potassium from food?

Hi! M, 31, no history of kidney disease. I have some GI issues, including gastritis, bloating, etc, so lately I’ve been on a pretty strict diet so I could eat foods then were easier for me to digest. Apart from some grains (not truly paleo, I know) and cooked vegetables, I relied heavily upon bananas, potatoes, and avocados, all of which are very high in potassium. And I mean like 3-4 bananas a day, 1 avocado split between meals, and a couple of potato pancakes at almost every meal. Not long ago I started waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and that frequent urination continued till early morning. The urine was colorless and there was a lot of it :) The issue was less apparent on hot days when I was exercising and sweating a lot.

Yesterday I did a blood test, which revealed I had high potassium (5.3, normal range 3.6-5.1), whereas my sodium level was normal (140). Will need to talk to my doctor, of course.

However, is it even possible to overconsume potassium from a diet alone? I thought most people were deficient. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Vitebs47
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3k43mmv
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...