Some thoughts on living with chronic illness during the...



Some thoughts on living with chronic illness during the Coronavirus pandemicc ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป⁣

It’s crazy to think that 10 days ago, I was in California, enjoying sunny walks on my Spring Break. ๐Ÿคฏ⁣

And now, I’m back in Minnesota, in a mostly empty college town trying to figure out how to take care of my own mental health while also adapting the college course I teach to online, thinking about how #covid_19 might impact my graduation and job hunt in May and keep up with freelance work as usual. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍♀️⁣

I think one of the benefits of living with a chronic illness right now is that, to some extent, I’m used to sudden changes. ๐Ÿ˜… In some ways, I’m used to waking up to the surprise of not being able to do what I could yesterday - whether because I’m having a fibro flare up or just got glutened the night before. ๐Ÿคช⁣

But I think already being limited in my body’s abilities makes this virus outbreak even more difficult too. ⁣

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป Now, I don’t want to overlook how freakin LUCKY I am. ๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿป ⁣

I am, overall, healthy. I have supplies. I have jobs I can work from home. ๐Ÿ’ป⁣

But my body also thrives on routine to feel somewhat normal, and right now, I can’t do that. ๐Ÿ˜• And when I’m in pain, not having my usual distractions - the gym, friends, classes, work outside my own 280-square-foot apartment - makes that pain feel even more acute. ⁣

I don’t know why I felt called to share this post today, but I suppose I’m just craving connection on a deeper level than just drooling over the latest smoothie bowl or cookies I photograph and share on my page. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍♀️ I will return to those posts soon in an effort to embrace normality as much as possible…but for today, this is how I’m feeling as a college student and teacher with chronic illness during covid_19. ⁣๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿซ

How are you feeling? I’d love to hear below, whether you want to share something deep, light, funny or serious. ๐Ÿ’•⁣ via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Qnx8mk



from Random Scribbles https://ift.tt/3banVpB
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...