[Question] Can the paleo diet improve allergy (sinusitis) symptoms?

I’ve had chronic sinusitis for a few years, worse in the last year or so, which has resulted in obstructive sleep apnea. Most mornings I wake up with a severe headache, puffy eyes, extreme fatigue, and often am unable to breath through my nose. It feels swollen shut. Last year I had two surgeries for deviated septum, nasal polyps, turbinates, and adenoids, and I didn’t notice any improvement. I’ve also tried all nasal steroids and decongestants, prescription and OTC, and still no change. I recently had allergy testing–my skin reacted to everything (suspected Dermatographia), so they sent my blood off for lab testing. Everything came back negative. However, I recently looked back at my results and saw they only tested for environmental allergens. Made me start thinking about what foods I’m eating that might be contributing to my sinus inflammation. I saw a lot of information online about the paleo or autoimmune protocol diets and decided I would try the paleo diet out. I was already dairy free and ate minimal gluten, but I’m hoping that further cutting out grains (I previously ate a lot of oats and quinoa) and legumes will make a significant change. I have a few questions:

  1. Has anyone had any success with paleo for sinus inflammation specifically? If so, how soon should I be able to notice any change?
  2. How do I know if there’s not something more specific (histamine foods, nightshades, eggs, nuts, etc.) that’s causing the inflammation. I don’t want to cut everything out, but I want to figure out what exactly is the problem.
  3. Do inflammatory reactions to things like grains, legumes, or specific vegetables come up on any other kinds of allergy testing?

Just feels like I’m taking a shot in the dark with this, but I’m desperate to start feeling better. I’d appreciate any suggestions or experiences you’ve had.

submitted by /u/dtaylor1024
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2xnMSz6
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...