[Question] Normal Carb High Fat longterm?

Heyho! I‘ve tried Keto long enough and can confidently say it‘s just not sustainable for me - I need a significant amount of carbs longterm to feel good and yes I have a lot of experience with water fasting etc. also my hair was thinning on keto and I had TMJ. And yes I cared about protein intake, electrolytes etc. Also carbs are part of my lifestyle. I enjoy food too much and want to have that freedom to eat pasta and cake when I want. But at the same time, I can‘t eat those foods especially sugar everyday since it would be just disgusting meanwhile. So my body really shows me what it needs - i like to eat fatty meat and eggs after workout, in the morning I like to eat oats and anti inflammatory berries like blueberries - I love veggies etc. so I feel really well after listening what my body needs. So there are no cravings for „bad“ food at all.

So my question is: If I eat a moderate/normal amount of good, complex nutrient-dense carbs like lentils, sweet potatoes, beans, fruits in moderation, etc. and mostly avoid processed foods, sugar, grains, etc. and simultaneously eat good fats from fish, high quality meat, avocado, eggs, etc. and cook with butter and olive oil instead of oxidized fats like rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, etc. - is it okay to consume higher amounts of fats even if I add what most keto people would call a high amount of carbs (let‘s say maybe 200g)?

From what I know it‘s just a problem if you spike insulin too much with simple carbs and simultaneously eat oxidized fats, so a combination of „good“ carbs and „good“ fats + consuming anti inflammatory foods should not be a problem. That‘s what japanese people do, although they don‘t eat so much fat as far as I know.

Can I train my body to work efficiently with ketones and carbs simultaneously by eating like that?

submitted by /u/tatertots187
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3c3Ifds
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...