[Question] Does Anyone Else's Fasting Glucose Run High With Paleo?

I’ve been doing as much of a paleo diet as I can for about 18 months. Overall it’s been fantastic, and I have seen a 10+ pound weight loss, as well as my running times on 10Ks and half marathons consistently improve and keep improving. Last half marathon was 2 hrs 2 min.

However, after 6 months of paleo, my fasting glucose came back at 100 mg/dL. When my wife was doing paleo, her fasting glucose came back at 101 mg/dL too. Since abandoning it, her fasting glucoses have returned to <80 mg/dL.

Fast forward a year, and I bought a glucometer and have been keeping track of my fasting, postprandial, and random glucose for about 3 weeks. Overall, my total average daily glucose is 100 +/- 2 mg/dL, and my postprandial glucoses barely spike at all. I have never seen a glucose above 120 mg/dL.

I’ve done a lot of reading and come across 2 relevant articles here and here.

Is this well-known with paleo, and is this something you all are seeing with yourselves?

submitted by /u/amothep82
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2NmHSkS
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...