[Question] Is anyone making low carb ice cream?

Honestly not sure where to post this. I’ve searched communities and YouTube for recipes and haven’t found a thing.

I went autoimmune protocol, and now I’m sort of on a keto/Paleo diet. I can’t make ice cream with dairy and I’m not sure about egg for a custard, the last time I had eggs I felt funny.

On AIP I ate Paleo carbs, but I didn’t like the way I felt after them. I’m especially not happy with the way I digested honey (constant farts).

I have incorporated artificial sweeteners and stevia and have been totally fine with that. A few days ago I took thickened coconut milk (almost as thick as coconut cream) and blended it with strawberries and artificial sweeteners, then put it in an ice cream maker. Of course when it was done it was like a gorgeous soft serve…..and then turned into a hunk of ice in the freezer. (Btw great popsicle recipe though)

I’ve incorporated nuts without problem, so I would be willing to try a recipe with cashew milk, but I love that rich coconutty flavor, and already have quite a bit of coconut milk. Do you guys have an ice cream base recipe I could use? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/metalocity2
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2YUMXYd
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...