2 months in - Beer League "Athlete" need advice

Beer league hockey player here - I’m about 2 months into relatively strict carnivore + IF (started with Keto in Jan after lifetime of SAD), primarily consume ribeye, ground beef and eggs with occasional cheese. I only drink water, and black coffee in the morning with a splash of heavy whipping cream (~1 carb?). On average, I’m eating 1-2lbs of meat per day. Typically ~2lbs of beef 6-8 eggs for the day.I went from 5'10, 190ish to ~163lbs since making changes. (My concern is whether or not I’m eating enough, and if I might be losing muscle too? I work a desk job (from home) and my only physically demanding activity is hockey 1-2 times a week (pretty demanding, struggled early with Keto flu). I feel much better lately post-hockey, before I was exhausted and would literally lay on the floor in the locker or in my car for 20 minutes before making the drive home. Now I can play a double header, back-to-back. I do feel occasional fatigue during games though, likely because I don’t eat before the morning games.How much should I be eating based on my height/weight and activity levels to ensure I’m not losing muscle or gaining fat? I’m not great with macros, I did use CarbManager when on keto and stuck with the recommended levels. I’ve just been eating to fulfillment twice per day on ZF, between 12pm and 8pm (IF). I also haven’t stepped on a scale in a week or two since my weight seems to have plateud.Sould I be taking Epsom or Pink Salt baths after games? Do I need to take any kind of supplements? I sweat intensely, and don’t do anything to replenish electrolytes. I typically inhale 4-8x plain beef patties from In-N-Out once per week as a post-hockey “cheat meal”. On keto I would drink Gatorade Zero (no carbs/sugar) to replenish. Any help would be appreciated!



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2JIc1KA
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...