ZC struggles

I’ve seen lots of posts on the many benefits of ZC, some of which I’ve experienced myself. Mood stabilization alone makes it worth it for me, as I’m sure anyone with depression and anxiety can attest to. I’ve been doing this for just about 4 months.However I can’t say I love what I eat. Rendered fat does not agree with me, so ground beef is tough unless I add cheese. I like the taste of burgers from my Whole Foods (75/25), but not the ones from Costco (78/22). Slow cooked meats like chuck have the rendered fat problem, but the taste of chuck steaks is too bloody, for lack of a better word, plus they’re super tough. Ribeyes are ok, but too expensive for me to eat often.I’m not crazy about chicken or pork, and I’m less comfortable with how they’re raised as compared to cows. Seafood is fine as supplemental food, but it’s not fatty enough. Eating too much leaves me feeling off. Nausea hits if I stray from a fairly narrow eating pattern. I’m frequently thirsty despite a low salt intake but can’t handle a high volume of water at any one time (more nausea).I had a week or two love affair with raw milk which was very satisfying to thirst and hunger, but the carbs add up quickly and I’m a little concerned it contributes to my eczema, which ZC has almost entirely cleared up. Eggs are delicious, but they make me flare up.So I’m in a rough patch right now and I’m curious if anyone has been through something similar, either at my stage in ZC or some other. As I said, this diet has had lots of benefits for me that I’m highly reluctant to give up.Things I’m considering: -Milk -Egg yolks only -Struggling onward as I am now -Maybe (a big maybe) reintroducing something like avocado, seaweed, homemade marinades, and/or spicesI feel like this is a pretty supportive community so any advice, thoughts, or similar struggles you want to share would be more than helpful! Maybe I just need some encouragement.For reference, I eat beef, some organs sporadically, a little seafood and shellfish, very occasionally lamb, and hard cheeses.



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2qg3stS
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...