Update for weight-gainers!

F 48, 5’7, 137 going on 6 mo zerocarb.It’s very scary when you start gaining weight right away on zerocarb! Many women who have previously restricted calories do in fact gain weight initially, and it happened to me. I was horrified, because I’d suffered so much to get down to that weight! And the thought of my weight going the opposite direction was just excruciating for me. So I began researching through the files on this and other forums, and found myself wondering what ever happened to all those women reporting gaining weight? Did they ever end up losing it? Did they panic, give up and quit ZC? What ended up happening to them?So this post is for anyone who wondered what happens to the gainers? We all know Kelly Hogan gained, then lost it all and then some.,. But is she the exception? What about everyone else? She’s the only one you ever really hear about! (At least that’s how I felt) so I promised myself if I ever lost the weight I gained, I would report back. So here’s how it went down for me…Brief summary:Started from SAD6 months Keto/with SEVERE calorie restriction- lost 30 lbs (hungry,lethargic, cold, cranky, miserable)Started ZC - 137lbs2 months ZC - GAINED 10 lbs - eating all the meat all the time (instantly felt tons better, so kept going despite the weight gain, but I was panicking about it)5 months ZC - MAINTAINED weight - still ate lots of meat (usu at least 3+ lbs/day), was happy that I didn’t GAIN more, and I still felt great. I started to settle in to the idea that this extra 10 lbs might just be where my body wants to be. So I quit stressing about it.2 weeks ago - noticed drastic appetite REDUCTION. I started only eating dinner because I just wasn’t hungry until then, and it also worked better with my schedule. I am still completely full and satisfied with about 2 lbs (beef usu).Today - scale says I’m back down to my ZC starting weight! Wait, what? I couldn’t believe it! Also, it’s Interesting that I look FAR better NOW at 137 than I did only a few months ago. Amazing body recomposition. All the initial 10 lbs are GONE! Just melted away! It came right off my abdomen, where I had noticed the most weight gain. I have my smaller waist back!I’m so happy I can be back at this weight/size while eating to satiety and never experiencing the discomfort of “dieting”, forced hunger, and calorie restriction ever again. Soooooo done with that.Who knows if I’ll lose more from here, or not. I really don’t care, because I just feel healthier than ever. Also, I do no exercise other than occasional short hikes and long walks with my dog. :-)So, if you’re gaining… hang in there. It gets better!



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2P26n8n
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...