1 month in with bad diarrhoea (have Ulcerative Colitis)

Hi All,I’ve been ZC for one month now. I’ve been eating mostly beef (some occasional chicken), eggs and tea. I’ve always been allergic to dairy and usually drank coconut milk or almond milk but being on this diet I’ve switched over to lactose free milk, cream and ghee. I’ve had Ulcerative Colitis (UC) for about 15 years now. Before I started this diet I was eating LC and my UC was the best it had been in years. I was hesitant to mess with my diet when I was in such a good state but I don’t want to be on medication for the rest of my life and after reading a lot of positive stories of people with UC going ZC I decided to give it a go.However, one month in and I still have really bad diarrhoea! I noticed a few weeks ago that if I had too much ghee it seemed to make it worse so I cut back on ghee, lactose free milk and cream. However, then I started to get really tired and my brain felt fried/ I was finding it hard to concentrate. Yesterday I tried adding more fat back in and I had horrible diarrhoea.I’m not sure what I should do next. Should I reduce my fat intake again and deal with the brain fog? Or, keep persisting with the fat and hope that I’m still transitioning?It’s starting to really mess with my daily routine as I’m now skipping yoga classes and finding it hard to work productively. Has anyone had a similar experience? I’m tempted to switch back to LC but I’ve already come this far. Would really appreciate some advice ๐Ÿ˜Š



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2P26ocr
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...