Tips for a beginner

Hi,I’m new with this “diet” and I’d like to ask some questions, but first some context:When I was young I didn’t have any problems with eating and I was quite skinny. After I started to work (sedentary job) and eating out a lot I gradually became non-active and overweight. After some time I decided to lose weight and to work out. I lost about 45lbs on various diets, including keto and “standard balanced one”.However gradually I developed some health problems. I was always a slow eater, but as time went by it became worse and worse, to the point where now I’m 36 years old and I have problems with reflux, heartburn, GERD, choking with food, problems with swallowing, problems with sleeping and more. In the final stage (few weeks ago) I was at the point where I couldn’t eat anything, because I was vomiting the food back (sorry for being visual) and hungry at the same time constantly.I had a visit to a gastroenterologist who prescribed me some “proton pump inhibitors”. I used them for almost a month and it didn’t help me at all. Because of aforementioned things I did some research regarding dieting and I found the “Heartburn - Fast Tract Digestion: LPR, Acid Reflux & GERD Diet Cure Without Drugs” book. It describes a concept of “Fermentation Potential” index. Every food type was assigned a FP number describing how problematic it is. What I found curious is that meats all had value of 0. So I did more googling, found Joe Rogan podcast with dr Shawn Baker and this sub.After a week or two of increasing my meats share and decreasing fibre rich foods share in my meals I already feel better with some of the symptoms.The problems I have now are mostly with my digestion speed - I’m eating slowly and cannot eat a lot as I feel full very fast. That’s why I don’t eat a lot daily and I don’t have a lot of energy, I feel sleepy all the time.So the questions for you are:How much kcal do you eat daily (if you count / estimate it) / how much you weighHow many meals a day do you eatHow much of meat/food in a meal do you haveFor me I try to eat at least three meals, each of at least 200-300g of beef steak, burger patties etc. (which is about 0.5 pound) and then I feel extremely full. Right now I weigh about 72kg (about 160 pounds) and I’d like to eat at least 2000-2500kcal, as I also work out in a gym (not right now because of low energy).Based on your experience do you think that your ability to eat bigger meals did change on this diet?How else would I go to increase the caloricity of the meals? Two obvious things would be to use more fat i.e. butter and lard, another way would be to increase number of meals, but I feel full and hungry at the same time sometimes which is weird.Any other tips?



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2zzzqXx
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️🧡🍁🍂 Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️🥮 Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...