[Question] Why does alcohol give me insomnia?

I wasn’t sure where to ask this question, but I’ve generally found a lot of value in the paleo community so I decided to ask here. Basically, most people I know have no trouble sleeping after a couple drinks. Quite the contrary, actually: They often have an easier time sleeping. But for me, I’ve found myself in a position where physiologically I almost feel like I just drank a few shots of coffee after I’ve had a serving or two of beer or whisky. If I’m in the habit of going to sleep at midnight each night, suddenly when I drink alcohol I might be up until 4 or 5 AM, unable to sleep in a way that feels as if I ingested caffeine. What could be causing this? Note that this effect was a lot worse when I was keto for a bit, but despite going back on grains I’m still getting major insomnia effects from alcohol, and socially speaking it’s very inconvenient.

submitted by /u/Eric_Wulff
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2zGbz8G
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...