My Theory on ZC Bulking. (x-post r/meatogains)

I’ve grown up health-conscious and have never been overweight. Putting on weight has always been a struggle but I managed in my early lifting days by using mass-gainers and other carbohydrate sources in excess.Now that I’ve produced my leanest and most muscular physique having done carnivore for about 4 months, it occurred to me that I might experiment a little with putting on weight. My weight is currently stable and my health issues have dramatically improved. I’ve started asking myself, can I keep the health benefits and still put on weight?While the beauty of ZC/Carnivore is that you can eat as much as you feel like, I figured I’d start eating more and see what the results were. Excess consumption of fat leaves me a bit nauseas and sick in the stomach. Excess protein leaves me feeling tired and fatigued.I realise now that to gain weight without carbs will be a challenge. Perhaps our ancestors got ahold of some fruit, honey and milk but I’m not ready to introduce such things. I will be trying to eat a large overall quantity mostly from; lamb, beef and egg yolks.I’ll continue to eat roughly the amount I’m already eating but alter the protein to fat ratio by increase consumption of muscle meat. My theory is that if I do this, the extra muscle meat will be my additional calories and excess protein will get converted to glycogen. I won’t be in ketosis all the time and therefor will be more likely to gain weight. Additionally, there will be no intentional fasting periods. I will be eating morning to evening.Issues I might have are; digestive distress for the sheer volume of food, producing enough hydrochloric acid, energy issue with excess protein and nausea from excess fat. I think there is also potential for glucose that is converted from protein through gluconeogenesis to feed the bacteria giving me IBS issues, though I don’t actually know if that is possible.Anyhow, that’s my theory on how to bulk while remaining ZC/Carnivore with no dairy.Video Version



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2NcZT0y
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...