Literally had a group of 4 people at work today asking me about the carnivore diet because I rave about how much better I feel on it

People ask me about it all the time now. I’m an ICU nurse and so of course healthcare people are skeptical. Hell, I definitely was when I first came to this subreddit about a year ago. I thought you all were crazy. My first thought was: HOW DO THEY POOP WITH NO FIBER? It’s interesting how much misinformation there has been in healthcare & nutrition.I started with keto about 2 years ago to fix a shitty GI system. My best friend was doing it for weight loss and offhandedly mentioned that he had basically no gas on keto. Everything I ate made me bloated and (very) gassy to the point that I had to plan eating around doing things with people. I’d tried everything from probiotic pills to probiotic power, avoiding FODMAPS, you name it. Hearing about a reduction in gas was just a stepping stone and was a very big first step for me because I’d struggled with that for years. I literally could have cried with it was finally all gone.Other benefits I’ve noticed:perfect poopsINSANE energy & no dipsamazing sleep (sleep fewer hours, but have more energy - I’m basically never tired)increased libido (mostly from bloat reduction)no brain fogbetter skinless fat, more muscle tone (even without weightlifting)better dental healthno seasonal allergiesI’m sure I’m missing a few things.



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2R88QLX
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...