2 weeks in, severe constipation, nothing helps?

I’ve been doing zerocarb for 2 weeks (which now seems like a lot longer) and felt mostly fine. I was expecting some bowel disturbance and wasn’t phased when I had some diarrhoea on the third day. But after that, I had one normal shit on Friday before last, and that’s it.I’d heard that people poop less on zerocarb because there’s much less waste, so at first I wasn’t worried, but as I approached one week, I was getting anxious. Finally this Friday I started getting some abdominal pain and farting, so I finally took it head on. I chugged down like half a cup of liquid lard, kept drinking more water than normal. Something like that would always work for me on keto, but this time it didn’t. I know I’ve been drinking enough water, that didn’t work either. Normally some prunes and dark chocolate is an instant cure for me, but now I can’t have that.I was afraid to take internal laxatives because I’m already experiencing some very slow improvement in my psoriasis, so I didn’t want to do anything that could potentially irritate my intestines that had only barely begun to heal. So I took those rectal suppositories… Helped to get rid of some, but I can still feel there’s a lot left, and hard as stone now.I just feel no urge at all, it’s like my bowels forgot how to move… I’ve been constipated before, but never like this. Usually I still get the urge, just decreased, and difficulty pooping, but this time I can’t even try. And I’m still getting some bloating and gas.I don’t know, maybe I’ve been eating too much protein and not enough fat? But these past few days I made an effort to eat lots of fat, didn’t help. Drank plenty of water too. Could this be electrolyte deficiency? Before going ZC, I told myself I’ll start supplementing if I get clear signs of deficiency, but I was surprised that I was feeling mostly ok this whole time, especially after the first week, so I didn’t take anything, just salt to taste. I don’t feel any other symptoms. Should I still get some magnesium or potassium, even though most people here say it’s unnecessary? All I know is, I can’t survive on suppositories for the rest of my life… and I really don’t want to quit ZC. Please tell me it’s going to go away soon…



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2NNV57b
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...