Roasted red pepper and goat's cheese soup - a win!

I am SO proud of myself for making this soup from scratch this evening (I even made the chicken stock from scratch yesterday!). By way of background, I’m a ‘veggie hater’ - I have horrible issues with the texture of a lot of vegetables that makes me gag, so I’ve been working really hard at this lately. I’m also a terrible cook. So I expected this soup to be a total fail, but unbelievably it was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted.

I halved 3 red bell peppers and six roma tomatoes and roasted them for around 20 minutes with a bulb of garlic. Squeezed out the garlic, mashed it and put it all in a pan with half a can of coconut milk and some chicken stock (I didn’t measure it, unfortunately). I seasoned with salt, pepper and chilli flakes and added two bay leaves. I let it simmer for about 40 minutes, then blended it with an immersion blender. Before eating, I mixed in a spoon of goat’s cheese, which is obviously optional, but I was hoping to replicate a soup that I used to get here in the UK in a cafe called Eat. which has now closed. I’m surprised at how much it tasted like that soup.

Thanks to everyone who gave me the soup advice the other day. My confidence in being able to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle has skyrocketed!

https://imgur.com/OSwKXfI

submitted by /u/DndrMffln135
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3o95OKl
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...