Perspectives on raw honey and blackstrap molasses? conflicted [discussion]

I do my best to folliw a traditional foods diet, I don’t usually use the word paleo but it seems to fit in the sub description.

I dont eat cane sugar, consume foods with added sugars, or drink fruit juice because I want to avoid too much sugar. I do however eat raw honey and blackstrap molasses with some frequency. I heard raw honey could help support a healthy gut biome and I really struggle with gut health, so I’ve been eating a teaspoon or so nearly daily. I also have a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in another food a few times a week because I read it is a good whole food iron supplement and I also used to have low iron.

I have now been reading that some advise avoiding all sweeteners, even the more natural ones that have some minerals or nutritional benefit, because our bodies just don’t need the sugar. I’m wondering what people on the sub think. How would you evaluate the cost-benefit of raw honey or blackstrap molasses?

submitted by /u/aspiringmom17
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3xhwSrN
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...