Did I overdo it with marrow on the bone broth?

I’ve been making my own bone broth for a while and prefer it to store-bought. I usually use bones we collect over meals, so chicken bones, pork chop bones, the odd t-bone, maybe oxtail. This time I wanted to spoil myself and bought the nice beef bones at the grocery store. I roasted them and then put them in my crockpot for 22 hours on low with onion skins/ends, brocolli stalk, spices, and one steak bone from the dinner we had just eaten.

I just took the broth off heat and tasted it and it is deep yellow and thick like olive oil. The bones still have a lot on them, so I’ll probably use them again. I thought it looked like my most successful broth yet. But my husband warned that it might be too heavy and make me feel sick if I drank too much (I usually drink half a cup of my broth at a time).

Has anyone had really rich bone broth before? Any advice?

submitted by /u/aspiringmom17
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3l2X5rr
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...