As someone who got into Paleo because of a dairy intolerance, it's really weird seeing dairy added to every other recipe posted here.

Of course, Paleo is a flexible concept that can applied in various way. Correct is whatever works for each of us. That being said, context is still important. IMHO it’s a bad idea to have cheese or milk added to a “Paleo” dish without even mentioning possible substitutions or that covering your gluten free pizza with cheese is not strictly Paleo.

I have a milk protein intolerance. Joint pain, stiff fingers in the morning, itching blisters on hands and feet. I can consume lactose just fine, even had it tested. When I started experimenting with my diet I eventually ended up with Paleo. Removing dairy does wonders for me and lowering my bread consumption makes me feel less like a balloon and more like a human.

If at the beginning of my journey I had found Paleo via this sub I would probably have ended up trying one of the recipes with dairy. Symptoms wouldn’t have improved and I would have dismissed Paleo as not the right thing for me. So, when posting recipes with dairy please make it clear that this might not be the right thing for everyone and that dairy is not part of a strict Paleo diet. Maybe consider discussing alternatives or leaving it out completely. Posting recipes with dairy is just fine, we all work differently, but exactly because of that one should make it clear that the cheese in your gluten free pizza might be a bigger problem than the gluten you removed.

submitted by /u/DerGrummler
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3BfYLnm
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...