My experiences with paleo diet (Lost 4 Lbs)

I have wanted to lose weight for a whole year, but I didn’t want to change my diet. I mean I did but the will power to stay on something is hard! Even though I knew that changing my diet would be better than me working harder at the gym.. Sometimes you don’t know till you feel it. During those times I would do a lot more cardio at the gym to burn off the fat. Grinding 5-6x a week, doing a bunch of cardio and then weight lifting afterwards. I saw no change in weight and not only that, my joints started to hurt more from the over training.

In comes paleo! I have done paleo in the past and figured I would tackle it the same way. Take all the processed garbage out first, then worry about the caloric intake. Actually, I found that once I swap junk for nutrition, my body naturally regulates my caloric intake.

Day 1-4 : I binged on more nuts than I’m proud to admit. In this period, I think my brain linked dopamine with food in an unhealthy way. Maybe it was sugar or the cheese. i’m not sure but pistachios were my gateway food to paleo. It allowed me to wean off of snack type foods. I ate other easier to prepare foods such as chicken, LOTS of Chicken.. and broccoli,cauli.

Day 4-10 : I started cooking foods that were more complex, I figured if I’m doing this paleo thing.. let me cook meals that seem more “normal” with coconut milk, belled peppers, cashews, and ofcourse LOTS of chicken. Started adding eggs, it’s good!

*Days 1-10* : I went to the grocery store like every day.. maybe it was out of boredom from lack of dopamine and my brain rewiring but it was creepy how often I would go! Often times just to grab a box of lime seltzer though I would peruse all the aisles anyway.

Day 10-15: This is where I started to feel pretty naturally regulated. I can’t pinpoint what happened, but my brain rewired itself to search after unprocessed foods. If I were to look at a bag of chips, there was no association of it being food or exciting. I’d be happy to see my plate of food that is unprocessed. I’d feel full after eating a meal, and I wouldn’t just eat to eat, I would eat when I was hungry and stop when I was satiated. My joints don’t feel tight in the mornings, my energy levels are higher, I don’t have that “my health is garbage right now I should change something” feeling.

I am not sure if this post will be good for anyone, but I had a need to share to the world! Losing weight is the side effect now! The goal is to just feel great again and it’s easy to keep wanting to feel great!

As a side note, the last time I did paleo which was ~3 years ago, I took the grains such as rice, pasta and bread out and they didn’t really creep their way back in. I would eat them occasionally, 1-2 a week but maybe the transition would be tougher for someone who has been eating them regularly. :-3

submitted by /u/Stanleyyelnets
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3oO4EBx
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...