[Discussion] Anyone else struggle with anxiety when going out to eat?

I get so much anxiety about going to restaurants where I have to ask questions about the food, especially if it’s a new one. Which is too bad because I used to love trying new places. Even the restaurants where I already know the menu and what modifications I need to make, I still worry about annoying everyone when I make those modifications. I’ve worked in multiple restaurants as a server, while I was rarely irritated with modifications, I knew some servers and kitchen staff that loathed them. Lately half the time I’m out to eat and have some questions a manager returns to the table in a panic and I need to ensure everyone it’s a preference, not an allergy, so no need for all the stress. I end up feeling bad, aware that if your modifications are not allergen based you risk irritating restaurant staff even more, but I do not want to lie about being allergic. I know I shouldn’t let this discourage me but I still get anxious about the whole process. Especially with the recent panic that I can tell is from restaurants taking allergies more seriously, which is great, but is increasing my guilt for being “difficult.”

Anyone else struggle with this? Any tips or fun stories?

The thing I’m the most hesitant to ask about or modify are the types of oils being used. But I do hate knowing there is Canola or Vegetable oil in my food. Does anyone attempt modifying oil much? I’m not eating out often so that’s part of why I let it slide at restaurants and avoid any sauces or dressings with an oil I wouldn’t use at home. I would prefer to feel more comfortable eating out more and making these adjustments though.

submitted by /u/sometimestheycallmej
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2OSZ4OU
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...