Procrastination

I think this is my least favourite part of the sad diet.For those who don’t know, I broke for various reasons and went back to eating sad, even though that wasn’t my intention. I’m starting back today on this woe, and I wanted to point out this thing called procrastination.The word procrastination is redefined based on people’s past experience with it. Some people don’t even clue in to it. Some people just think you’re lazy or unmotivated. There are multiple TED talks on this subject, and my favourite one is “Tim Urban: Inside the mind of a master procrastinator”. It highlights in a fun way the issues of procrastinators with some serious parts later on.Having the unfortunate advantage of going from zerocarb back into sad, I feel confident in proposing that, at least in 1 case, procrastination is in part due to your diet.The best way I can describe procrastination is the feeling of wanting to do something, knowing you are capable of doing it, but simply not doing that thing you want to do, unless you force yourself to do it.That last part is important. Forcing yourself to do something, anything, is now something you don’t want to do. I want to note that this is not a motivation issue. Procrastination is the opposite of motivation. Motivation is a driving force to get you going and keep you going. Enough motivation to do something will eventually force you to do that thing, but that is just exacerbating the underlying issue. Forcing yourself to do it. And now, anytime you want to do something, you’ve trained your body to require a tremendous amount of motivation in order to compensate for the procrastination stopping you from doing it, in order to get rolling.I can’t stress this enough. You want to do the things, but you will find anything and everything to not do it.Personally, if I can’t find the motivation, and I don’t have any easy to reach activity, I will literally sit and stare at my computer screen, day dreaming, instead of focusing on the task I’m trying to do. Sometimes I won’t even day dream. I’ll just stare at my desktop background, or re-read the same sentence over and over.Procrastination is the thing I hate most about myself. Wanting to do something, having motivation build and build, taking constant effort to maintain. To sum it all up, it’s exhausting. I shouldn’t need to work so hard to start working.Here’s the caveat. I thought it was me. I had built this issue around myself. If I worked really hard, then maybe it would go away. Keep that ball rolling and just keep doing task after task. Get myself into a routine. Routines and repetition will solve my issues. If I do the same thing every day, I won’t need any motivation to get me started, right?No. Wrong. This doesn’t work. You will fall flat on your face after exacerbating the issue to a point where your motivation can’t keep up and you will go into a downward spiral of depression, because you tried your best to stop the procrastination and yet there it still was.With enough effort, you can claw your way out of depression and get your motivation working again, but now you’re stuck back where you started.And this is the turning point for people. They start to feel helpless. They are trapped in a loop they cannot control.Some people will simply give up and let the depression take them. Others will seek help from friends or family, if they can muster the courage to do so. Others will seek professional help. Seeking help is the correct approach. That means not giving up. Friends, family, professionals.. it doesn’t matter. If you can’t solve it on your own, always look for help.–Well today I want to put forward my hypothesis that Procrastination is, in part, due to your diet.While I was eating zerocarb my procrastination had basically stopped being an issue, after suffering with it for so long.I made great strides at work, mostly due to work ethic and being able to concentrate on my tasks. Same thing in my home life. Chores around the house were no longer a burden, and I was able to get the house looking clean again. Maintaining the clean house look was a still a chore, but it no longer looked like a tornado did a hit and run. I became interested in my hobbies again. Something that I wanted to do, but just couldn’t get myself interested enough in to continue doing. This is the greatest joy for me.And then I started eating sad, and everything started falling back into ruin slowly.Interest in my hobby was still as high as ever, but getting the motivation to pick up where I left off and use my creativity to push forward was/is becoming harder and harder to get started. The house has deteriorated again, and I honestly kind of stopped caring.—-I know the signs of procrastination, but stopped thinking about them, until this morning. Everything up above might be anecdotal evidence of a string of good luck and motivation, along with riding the wave of new energy that this way of eating provided, but I really find it hard to believe that.Something changed inside of me, and I can’t explain or fathom what that is or was.I could care less about any of the other benefits of this way of eating, even though they are definitely a welcome addition.The end of procrastination is the one most important to me, and I hope it stays that way in the future.Cheers,Xikini



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2QfYWrv
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...