[Discussion] Colors of Liver

I just wanted to give a tip about eating liver. I’ve noticed that the beef liver I buy is sometimes colored differently. If I buy it frozen from the supermarket, it is almost always a red or dark red color and it doesn’t taste as good to me. So lately I’ve bought some from the farmer’s market that is fresh and the color has always been a dark maroon color (no red that I can see). This liver that is maroon-colored tastes better to me. (I still can’t eat a whole slice in one sitting, but maybe someday). I was thinking that maybe the red color of the frozen liver means that the iron in the liver has oxidized (so the red would be like rust) and maybe that is why I don’t like the taste of it and maybe others have the same problem. Maybe we naturally pick up that the meat is no longer good and so we are averse to the taste of oxidation.

This week I am back to the frozen liver, however, because I can’t make it to the farmer’s market… blah!

submitted by /u/Smokey_Quartz_Girl
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2Srh0Qi
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...