Transitioning into a paleo diet

I’ve done a lot of research into how the foods we eat affect the chemical structures in our brains and ultimately how certain foods affect neurological performance.

I personally suffer with chronic OCD and I have Bulimia which has just gotten out of control recently. I am seeking treatment, on medication however it’s going to be a long road of recovery.

I read an article/blog post about a lady who had OCD and went fully paleo. They explained that this particular diet basically completely eradicated their OCD and they’ve even gone as far to say as it’s been ‘cured’.

I don’t eat much at all due to the bulimia and just to avoid the OCD compulsion of throwing whatever it is I’ve eaten up, but I just wanted to ask if anyone on this sub has suffered with any mental health struggles that have been helped by switching into a paleo diet. I’ve personally found that dark chocolate (anything above 70%) literally aids in alleviating anxiety. It’s the sane with cashew nuts.

It does make sense. Mental health issues were rare back in the cavemen era and I do believe this was down sue to diet (no fake sugars, no saturated fats etc). I do experiments on myself and I will gorge out on Maccies (I also believe I have binge-eating disorder) and my anxiety is through the roof the next day.

(Vegan for reference!)

submitted by /u/ghoulish0verkill
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/yPjUDhH24
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...