Protein on a Dairy Free Calorie Restricted Diet

I originally posted this in another subreddit but thought it may be a better fit here.

(30F) I usually don’t do this seeking advice thing when it comes to my diet because there’s just so much conflicting information and opinions out here. I try to listen to my body and see what it needs. That’s been serving me well but age has brought a few health issues along with it and I’m finding it increasingly difficult to eat well and feel well. As I’ve rounded the corner to 30 I’ve discovered I’m gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, and my stomach is just all around cranky and inflamed. Legumes are an absolute no no for me as well. I take 2000mg Metformin ER for PCOS, a condition that causes insulin resistance (I am not diabetic) and it is not tolerated well. I have a lot of GI issues. Extreme bloating (sometimes it feels like my stomach is going to rupture, I’m in so much pain) and general soreness are daily events. I have just about cut out gluten completely and it has helped me immensely but my stomach is still in distress. I believe it may be the metformin but I think that eliminating dairy from my diet would alleviate some of my sufferingp. I already have so many dietary restrictions, letting go of this one thing is proving to be unnecessarily difficult.

**If additional background information is needed: I am 5’8 and roughly 270 lbs. Large frame. I am pretty active. I work 50 hrs a week on my feet, constant motion, and workout (cardio and weight lifting) for at least an hour at a minimum 3x weekly (the working out is a new addition to my lifestyle).

My restrictions are as follows:

No Gluten No Legumes No Dairy At least 50% raw plant based Minimal processed “foods” Minimal carbs aside from fresh fruit Approx 1400 calories a day.

A good chunk of my protein intake comes from yogurt and cheeses. How can I remove dairy from my diet and still get the necessary macronutrients, namely protein? People have suggested that I switch to plant based dairy substitutes but they don’t seem to be a good fit for me. I am open to advice and even sample meal ideas, especially breakfast. I’m at a loss.

submitted by /u/KingAmongstQueens
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3oxnDlU
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...