Paleo Autoimmune Friendly Cookbook?

I went on the Paleo diet for about a year or two, about a decade ago, and stopped because life got in the way (not enough time/energy/resources to cook). Am thinking about trying again, if I can, I don’t often have the energy to cook so I’ll do what I can. i seem to have a lot of food intolerances/allergies (increasing every year). The reactions vary but some things trigger asthma/phlegm/trouble breathing, some trigger fatigue, or brain fog, a few I start feeling numbness/tingling in my mouth/face.

I feel like I need to do something. Ideally I’d love to leave leave the US, it seems when I traveled to other countries I can eat the foods that I can’t eat in the US. Someone told me that that the US processes foods differently (and uses different pesticides) and that might be a factor.

From trial and error these are things I need to AVOID:

  • ALL NUTS AND SEEDS (coconut, almond, pumpkin seeds, etc).

  • Most grains (particularly wheat)

  • many fruits (apples, blueberries, pineapple, mangos, maybe pears, I tend to avoid fruit, but there may be new ones I don’t know of yet). For some reason in the past couple years pineapple started causing my mouth to bleed. I used to only feel a bit raw from it.

  • ALL DAIRY (goat, cow etc)

  • ALL EGGS

  • SHELLFISH (I seem ok with regular fish)

  • bananas I can have on a limited basis

  • SUGAR (cane sugar is not good)

  • ALL SWEETENERS (except honey or maple syrup, molasses might be ok)

Right now I seem ok with corn and rice for grains. I eat them on a limited basis. Oatmeal I’m starting to have reactions to and might have to stop at some point.

I can have soy on a limited basis (will start getting tired and cold if I have too much). I know it’s not autoimmune, but I eat soy yogurt. I will probably try to make it so it doesn’t have so much sugar.

I seem ok with tomatoes and potatoes, even though they are restricted (though I saw potatoes might not be now). I seem ok with peas and beans on a limited basis. Peanut butter causes brain fog, but I can eat it if desperate.

I saw that The Healing Kitchen has autoimmune friendly recipes for instant pot. I’m going to see if I can get ahold of it.

Our oven is broken (landlord won’t fix it and I’m too exhausted to fight it, hopefully one day we’ll move but rents and everything have gone up and less income so not likely any time soon). I can use the stovetop, and instant pot, and we have a toaster oven. Hopefully I can work with that.

submitted by /u/–2021–
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3mOK7y3
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...