Paleo apparently does not work for me. Any thoughts?

I tried everything.

High carb (with sweet potato, cassava, plantains, and several other tubers): hypoglycemic and extremely tired right after eating, leading to mood swings and more cravings. Never had any energy to run or work out. I did this for a month testing with several sources of carbs like the mentioned plus white rice.

Moderate carb (without tubers, only non-starchy vegetables): felt okay (mentally), but couldn’t sit down to play my games on PC due to bloating after every meal.

Low carb: yesterday I did a 64 minutes cardio session while fasting for more than 16 hours and felt amazing, could go for more and I was not even hungry after came home. Today since it was legs day I did eat an avocado with meat before going just to have a little more of strength, and I felt like I’m readapting well to running on fat. But then, if I break my fast with a meal containing like 25 net carbs (the only vegetables I’m keeping around since I eliminated everything else due to cravings are onions and tomatoes, but from today tomatoes are off the list as well), I have low blood sugar symptoms and there am I wanting to eat the world afterwards. It’s like my brain switches to running on glucose, but since I don’t eat enough to keep it running from a meal to another (and I don’t plan to), I feel miserable unless I eat carbs again. Overnight I “reset” and wake up well, with no appetite whatsoever. The only vegetables that don’t make me feel like trash are cabbage, cauliflower and lettuce, but they make too much volume in my stomach.

I’m thinking of switching to a diet with no carbs at all (with my only source of fiber being chia seeds), but I’d like to receive some insight. I don’t know if that matters but I have a BMI of 21.5 (I had less before and am pursuing it again).

In all scenarios, I never felt physical hunger, thirst or being “full”. I know when it’s time to eat if I suffer from low blood sugar. I wonder if my stomach is always processing matter from days before and that’s why I never sense anything from it.

submitted by /u/RazzeeX
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3bIuKkr
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...