Low Energy Except for Potatoes - Advice?

I have a long-running issue with my energy. Hoping someone has some advice to help me get it back!

First off, Paleo’s helped me a lot. I dropped 80 pounds on it, got lots of energy back, and improved my sleep.

The thing is, the tradeoff came in low energy levels. I’m not exhausted all the time…just most days, I don’t have that much get-up-and-go.

The exception comes when I eat white potatoes. Regardless of their form, my body always has the same reaction:

  • 1-3 hours of incredible energy
  • The energy drops off and I feel sleepy for about an hour
  • Energy levels go back to normal

This sometimes happens with white rice too.

I dropped potatoes (and rice) early on because it helped me lose more weight. My system likes potatoes, but it also likes packing on pounds from the same potatoes.

If it helps further, here’s my typical daily diet:

  1. Breakfast: Bacon and/or eggs, kale chips, and a couple strawberries or a few plantain chips
  2. Lunch: Turkey burger patty, salad, vegetable noodles or sweet potato noodles
  3. Dinner: Protein (chicken/beef/salmon), 1-2 roasted vegetables like Brussels sprouts or broccoli, and either a sweet potato or roasted parnsip (some complex starch)
  4. Snacks: Jerky, cashews, raisins, or a banana

Am I doing something wrong?

submitted by /u/weezulmaster
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3pDCJqX
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...