A 370 poind male just diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes looking into a Paleo style diet

Okay so let me begin with myself and my eating style.

I am what you call a depression induced stress eater, I eat a lot of food until I feel am full.

I am very sedentary and dont really like going outside that much.

Now the good news is that over the last 6 years I did change some eating habits like cut back on the pasta and sweets though I would still eat breads and rice now and then.

I have always had a weight issue though but this year its come to this.

Thanks to 2020 being crap with me eating what I had to ignoring all health risks I balooned a lot and now been diagnosed with diabetes.

And its not thanks to me eating lots of sweets, my sugars more come from me eating bagels and bread with the occasional pasta dish.

But still I gotta do something now as my doctor reccomended a diet due to my diabetic status.

But if I must diet I want to choose a diet that even if things go crazy again I can still mostly attain to without it being an issue and am chosing the paleo diet as my base.

I chose it as its the diet I feel I can work with, I already eat a lot of meats and the fruits and veggies Paleo have in it are what I like so going onto the paleo diet does not bother me.

However I may have to break a few rules now and then.

Like having corn on the cob now and then or eating chili with beans and meat.

And sometimes I just dont feel like cooking or am away from home and go out to eat now and then.

And yes this does mean eating something with potatos too, sometimes the only side some restauraunts have are potatoes, apple sauce, rice, corn and cole slaw and I really really dislike cole slaw and apple sauce so theres that.

In any case I will try to stay in the limits of the diet to the best of my abilites, but if anyone has tips on if i say eat out somewhere I can seee if i can order what is best for me without to resorting to a salad as some places love putting stuff I hate on salads such as raw onions and nearly every time i say hold the onions its like I am speaking klingon or something.

Anyhow sorry for the ramble there at the end but i am sure some of you can relate :D

I hope to hear from you guys though, I already got started thanks to my sister who while being on the Keto diet knows quite a bit about the paleo diet too, she is not a dietician mind you but my sister is very goot about knowing about diets and will be my rock during this time until I get used to this new diet.

Also sorry about the occasional spelling mistakes, my spellcheck is out to lunch right now for some reason will have to fix later.

submitted by /u/MadmanRB
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3vITFg4
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...