[Question] Struggling with reaching my goal of 2500 cal/day but feeling full all day. Any paleo friendly foods/snacks suggestions to help reach calorie goals?

I recently started doing paleo. I am trying to gain weight but want to do it in a clean(er) way, hence I decided to stick to paleo. Based on my calculations, I am trying to start off with 2500 calories per day. However I am really struggling to get even anywhere close to that. I track my meals on myftinesspal. Just to show an example, here is my meals for today:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs with shredded lettuce and half an avocado

Post-workout: 1 scoop gold standard whey with water (I know this is not strictly paleo but please bear with me)

Lunch: Half of a whole grilled chicken with a small salad bowl (lettuce + cucumbers + carrots in lemon juice)

Snacks: Half a cup blueberries + 2-3 strawberries + 10-12 nuts (almonds + cashews)

Dinner: 200g Salmon Filet with Brocolli

Combining all of these, I’m almost at 1500 calories for the day. But I felt pretty much full after every single one of these meals and I thought I would have eaten close to my goal, but looks like I’m way short.

Are there any paleo friendly meals or snacks that would help me catch up on my calories goals? I see nuts and nuts butter suggested for catching up on calorie targets, but at the same time I also see many paleo proponents warn of going overboard with nuts and fruits.

submitted by /u/xaos9
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3jBUBxo
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...