Oil, Butter, GERD, and Paleo

So I was really hoping Paleo alone would fix my digestion and reflux but it hasn’t. Things have gotten a little better and I know things take time, but I’ve been eating tons of mostly just veggies and meat lately, alittle fruit but not too much, and sun butter.

The thing is bread, rice, oats and pasta DO definitely trigger my reflux, so I cut those out, even my beloved gluten free crackers….but I’m still burping, feeling that lump sensation and acid feeling in my throat. Sometimes when I burp I feel the food come up a little.

Again it’s not as bad but it’s not cured. My question is what the heck and I’m doing wrong? Could it be the oil I’m using? I am cooking most of my food in olive oil or coconut oil, or adding butter and ghee. Do I need to cut the fats out for awhile? The only seasoning I am using is mostly just salt, or sometimes sage and cinnamon.

I’m suspicious it’s the oil. But I’m also about 5'5, 120 lbs so I really can’t afford to lose more weight at this point. Hence why I still add the fats. So frustrated. I am also using pepcid every day for about the last month. Was hoping I could ween off them but not at this point.

I know stress is a big factor and I am under a huge amount of stress right now and I am working on that through meditation and mindfulness, also diaphragmatic breathing seems to help. But I also do feel like food is still setting me off somehow.

Any suggestions? Should I just steam or boil foods for awhile until I can heal more?

submitted by /u/Gypsy__Kat
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/32Y8bEh
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...