Does anyone else find meal prepping helpful to maintain the diet?

Lets face it, Paleo is expensive. And when cooking for myself on tiny budget/small amount of time, I found it was easiest to plan out my meals in advance for the month and shop/cook my food accordingly.

Basically, if a month had four Mondays in it, I’d look for a recipe that made four to five servings, double the recipe ingredients to make 8-10 servings, and would eat that meal every Monday for lunch and dinner. the other days of the week would have different meals from Monday, but I always knew when to start thawing my upcoming meal for what day.

To add variety, breakfasts are different every week. So say I have paleo pancakes for the first week of the month and Monday’s lunch/dinner is Paleo lomo saltado. Next week on Monday, I’ll still have lomo saltado, but the breakfast for that week is something like paleo pumpkin muffins. Anyway, it just gives me a little something different day to day, and because I eat the same meal for lunch and dinner, I’ll often plan all my meals to have some kind of reoccurring ingredient just to make things a little cheaper (I tend to use a lot of onions in my dishes. haha).

It roughly $7.00 a day or $400.00 a month.

I guess I’m posting here because in the few times I’ve met other Paleo people, and I mention how I make all my meals on the same day and plan out the month, I get a weird response? I haven’t met other people who Meal Prep to make Paleo less expensive and overall easier.

Is there anyone else out there? And do you have any helpful tips?

submitted by /u/iamprematurepoet
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2HBwNet
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...