[Question] Intermittent fasting not working for me anymore - what next?

I have been following a ketogenic or near-ketogenic paleo/primal diet for about five years now. I do eat fermented dairy but otherwise follow all the paleo do’s and don'ts. I’m pretty strict and seldom “cheat.” I’ve had great results. About two years ago now, I added 16:8 intermittent fasting, and for a while I had great results with that too. A few months ago I moved my eating window to earlier in the day for the sake of better sleep (used to eat noon - 8pm, now eat 9am - 5pm). Sleep did improve.
However, recently, I’ve noticed that in the morning I feel jumpy and am *very* sensitive to caffeine, particularly right when I wake up. Like, less than half a cup of coffee and I can feel my pulse going up uncomfortably. Also, the other day I tested my blood sugar and was very surprised to find that it was 98mg/dL, which just seems high considering the way I live my life.

So I looked and found an article by Chris Kresser in which he suggests that some people experience cortisol and blood sugar dysregulation as a result of IF (cortisol would explain my morning jumpiness I think). He advises that people who feel this way should ditch IF and try eating moderate portions every 2-3 hours. Tbh I feel like I would enjoy this more, but it goes against a lot of what I’ve learned about nutrition/health/longevity over the last few years, and I worry I would put on weight.

Thoughts? TIA!

submitted by /u/DossoDossi99
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/3hpIhyS
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...