[Question] I'm at a loss regarding what to eat.

I’m suffering from mild depression. Compared to what many others have to endure, it’s probably not too bad, but it’s still bad enough that it makes me unable to do and experience the things I want to do in life. I’ve had short periods in my life when I felt great, so I know my body is capable of such feelings. Have tried many things to improve my health, but few things have had even a noticeable effect. Doctors have been a waste of time so far.

I’ve been noticing an increase in allergic symptoms over the last few years. I now struggle to breath through my nose due to how clogged it feels. I’ve also noticed a strong correlation between allergic symptoms and general health. This points toward my health issues being caused by allergies/intolerances. Thus, I’ve been interested in diet for a while now, but I can’t find a way to eat that works for me. Maybe someone else has been in a similar situation and can recommend something.

My current diet is something like: Meat, dairy and starches (mostly rice/potatoes). I don’t care about variation, I could probably eat the same meal every day. My sense of taste is sensitive, if something tastes a little off, I can immediate detect it and it makes it hard for me to eat it. I can’t force myself to eat something that tastes bad, in the long run I’ll end up undereating instead. I’ll list some attempts of changing my diet and how it went:

Multiple attempts at meat only: These have been the most successful when it comes to health. I noticed some positive changes for allergic symptoms and mental health after only a few days. Unfortunately, all attemps at a carnivorous diet has been unsuccessful due to other reasons. Finding fatty enough cuts of meat is almost impossible (plus expensive). I’ve tried buying pure animal fat and add it to the meals, but it always tasted bad. My best attempt was with bacon only, but I ended up getting so bored of it that even a few months later I can’t stand the taste of bacon. At least this suggests that I tolerate meat well and should continue eating it.

Keto: Relying heavily on dairy as a source of fat. I did this for about a month before stopping. It was a while ago, so I can’t quite remember all the details, but it didn’t have have a noticeable effect (except for losing some weight). This somewhat suggests that dairy could be an issue.

Dairy-free: The last thing I tried. To be fair, I only did it for a few days, and ended up stopping so I wouldn’t have to throw out all dairy from my fridge. Instead of dairy I added olive oil to the food. It ended up tasting pretty good, though when I tried only meat + olive oil it ended up tasting bad. Unfortunately I didn’t notice any change in health during this time.

Fasting: I did a two day fast, hoping to see a reduction in allergic symptoms at the end. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case, suggesting that it could take longer than two days for them to clear up.

So now I’m kinda stuck, I don’t know what to do. My requirements for a diet is basically: Palatable enough, avoids every unknown food allergy/sensitivity, nutritionally complete, and not too expensive. Any suggestions what to try next?

submitted by /u/ccayawaworht123
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/33VnuwT
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...