Paleo in Vietnam (travel) [Question]

Hi everyone, I’ve been eating mostly paleo for 2 years now to manage my ulcerative proctitis and all is well for the most part! My digestion is not perfect, some days are better than others, but overall life is good! That being said, I’ve recently had the opportunity to go live in Vietnam for a few months (something I’ve always wanted to do) and I decided to take it. I’ll be staying in Saigon for a month and Nha Trang for a month.

However, my biggest concern above all is simply how much I’ll be able to control my diet. I understand Vietnamese food has danger zones all over the place for us with shitty stomachs – most dishes have rice/noodles/added sugar/potential water vegetable/contamination/MSG/etc. So I plan to hopefully do most of my own cooking while I gain a better understanding of the culture and food options before deciding which options to trust. Has anyone here been to SE Asia recently with a goal to eat paleo who may have a few tips? Will I be able to grocery shop (even if it’s inconvenient) like I would do here in America? Meaning are store bought vegetables and meats reliably safe?

I think I’m hoping to be able to say to myself “okay worst comes to worst we can always grocery shop”. Or something to have peace of mind about food. The other reddit threads I’ve read seem to say “GOOD LUCK”, but I’m willing to go out of my way significantly if need be. Thanks for any info!

submitted by /u/the_reverence
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/36lXme0
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...