[Discussion] Anyone Switched From Keto to Low Carb Paleo? Was it a positive or negative change?

Basically the question is the title. I was semi-strict keto for 2.5 months and have been experimenting with my diet since then. After trying a lot of different things, I’m landing on going relatively low carb (~150g) paleo as the optimal diet. Some things I noticed:

  • Keto is great for losing weight because I couldn’t eat sugary snacks. That said, I was mostly losing weight because i was eating around 1600 calories a day, given how restrictive the diet is, while lifting 5x a week and walking a fair amount everyday.

  • Keto did nothing to make me lose my cravings for sugar like people claimed it would. I’ve recently been adding carbs from fruit, i.e. berries/bananas/apples, back into my diet and noticed I no longer crave the chocolate bar at the grocery store checkout. I think we can all agree a banana in a green smoothie is healthier than diet coke, even though the former has more carbs.

  • More variety of food and easier socially. Keto is again very restrictive and it gets tiring being the guy who asks to quickly grab something to go because the Asian restaurant has mostly rice/noodle dishes

  • Controversial opinion, but carbs aren’t the enemy anymore than healthy fats are. My body comp has stayed the same since I went to a 45-50% carb diet from non-processed foods. That said, I also realized from ultra low carb diets that regular joes like me who just want to look good naked don’t need to “carb load”, etc. to achieve our goals.

All of those are just my observations, but before I take the leap, has anyone switched from keto to low carb paleo and noticed positive changes? Again, my basic goal is to be relatively strong and lean (i.e. look good naked). I don’t have any athletic goals, etc. in mind.

Doing keto/sub-100g carb diets have given me slight carb-phobia. While things have been going well so far the past 2 weeks after my shift, I kind of want confirmation from a larger sample size before I completely go all-in, as stupid as that sounds.

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/showmetheEBITDA
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet https://ift.tt/2GyKpDn
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...