I'm looking for iron rich liver alternatives.

I have had low iron levels for most of my twenties, and it seemed to be contributing to the thinning condition of my hair.Mid twenties I was put on ferrofumerate (iron pills) by my GP, but we found out I had supplement induced hemochromatosis so iron supplementation was no longer an option.In 2018 when I was 33 I decided to give zc a try, and also to include 100gr of beef liver 3 or 4 times a week.I loved liver and always looked forward to it, this continued for months.In the last 3 months I started to like it less and less, even started to dislike the experience of eating it.There’s revulsion now. And it’s organic grass fed beef liver, and I’ve tried several other types of liver (pork, lamb, chicken, veal).I just think it has a sickly sweet taste now and the pasty delicate texture puts me off now, not just beef liver. Any liver.So because I didn’t want to eat the liver anymore and I had a very stressfull time last month I temporarily went over to mainly boiled/steamed pork belly because it made things more convenient for me.After about a month I decided to give liver another try because I think I need the nutrients.Nope, I have to force myself to eat it. Still disgusting. It used to be my favorite food. I couldn’t even finish 100gr of it because I was afraid of high levels of nausea ending in throwing up.​I am still concerned about me getting enough nutrients, specifically iron, so I wish to ask for advice regarding alternatives to liver that don’t break the bank and don’t include hiding it in ground meat.I still like kidney, is that an option for iron that’s better than just beef heart?​My usual staples have been beef heart and unrendered beef fat. I don’t eat ground meat (I hate it for some reason). Sadly can’t afford steak here.Should I be worried about eating mainly steamed pork belly strips? I’ve been eating that for the last month, but I suspect it doesn’t have sufficient nutrients.​Advice is very much appreciated,Thank you in advance.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2VEDGgm
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...