Hospital food

TL;DR bellowI think this sub is well aware of the terible food that is beeing served in hospitals. I’m from the EU, and I’m seeing this again and again when visiting people. Mostly simple carb based, low nutrient food, relativelly low in protein, which is terrible for recovery in my point of view.I’m wondering if carnivore types are even more vunerable and have lower chance of recovery if hospitalized. I would love to hear your opinion on the topic.Hospital food is terrible not only looking from carnivore point of view, but just generaly from a low carb/ancestral point of view.Example from yesterday: I was visiting an old relative of my wife in the hospital (80+, M). Healthy normal weight, active old guy, but he caught influenza, which is possibly deadly for someone his age. He was basically fighting for his life, he looked exhausted. We were there during dinner time, he was served: 3 pieces of this big white flour globs with traces of cottage cheese mixed in, fried breadcrumbs for garnish and a few packs of sugar on the side to put on top. Plus a glass of milk. He was dead tired when he ate this, and he’s used to a high carb grain diet. Breakfast as I understood was white bread with cheese and some soda/juice. I didn’t ask what was for lunch, but I was thinking to myself “f*ck, if this was me in his place I would die of influenza for sure”.TL;DR: hospital food in general is high carb/sugar grain based low protein garbage. Carnivores are basically screwed if hospitalized, since we’re most probably even more intolerant to this way of eating than regular folks.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2HxbKHr
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...