ZC On The Cheap! Today's Dollar General Haul ($24.69)

https://imgur.com/SMcEI15I’m not sure if this is an all locations thing but every single Saturday my local Dollar General has a $5 off $25 (or more) sale. I rotate a few items but pretty much have it down to a science A very respectable amount of meat for under $25 if I don’t say so myself!Some other good ZC items from Dollar General include Mac’s Pork Rinds (ingredients; Pork Skin with Fat, Salt) for $1 a bag, bacon of decent quality (no carbs but sugar as the last ingredient), pre-cooked bacon of the same quality, frozen shrimp, frozen chicken breasts, frozen burgers patties, canned chicken, canned tuna, canned beef, canned pulled pork, sour cream and a decent variety of other cheese options.For the uber purists and the curious; I’ve been eating this way for 8 months now including multi-month streaks of extremely strict ZC (i.e. just meat and water). The small amount of jalapenos in the pepper jack cheese do not cause issue for me. Actually its rare that I get pepper jack, usually go for sharp cheddar or colby but pepper jack is what I was feeling today! The last ingredients of the sausage is “sugar” but it falls after salt, spices and yeast extract. No carbs on the label and the very trace amount of sugar again cause no issues for me.Also worth noting if I wanted to I could have bought twice as much and used two coupons (or three times as much and used three coupons, etc.)! I go to a regular grocery store too and utilize its butchers but Dollar General and its sales certainly helps keep the budget of this diet reasonable for me. Hard to beat $3.50 per pound of ground beef and just last week they had a 2 for $3 sale on Philly Cream Cheese. Oh yeah. ;)



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2Li4T8m
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...