Ravenous appetite returned.

TLDR: stressful “break up” = cold, hungry and tired. But zc/carnivore has my back.​I’ve been eating carnivore/zc since march 2018, mainly eating to satiety.And as I lost weight my appetite became smaller, which is logical since smaller bodies need less fuel.I’ve had to downscale my portions twice now.And I’ve been going through a third period of natural reduction, I still prepare my usual portion and if I am sated before I’ve eaten the entire portion I just put it in a small plastic container and refrigerate it.If this happens often enough I think I can downscale the portion more.​There have been a few lumps and bumps down the road, in 2018 I would often have one or two days of ravenous appetite a month. This was always in my pre-menstrual week so I’m guessing it was hormonal.If it turned out that what I had planned to eat that day wasn’t enough I would fix the issue by defrosting another bit of meat, preparing it and eating it. I have small portions of meat in the freezer for that purpose.But I haven’t had this happen at all in 2019 and I don’t remember it happening at the end of 2018 either.​Last week was very stressful, I think I was operating mainly on adrenaline. Earlier this year I had broken up with my partner, but I told him that he was allowed to remain as a housemate if the situation was kept civil and he respected the house rules (which we already had in place when we were still in a relationship), until his new home was finished.Sadly he didn’t keep his end of the bargain so I had planned on telling him, on the 26th of april, that he had a month to move out and go sleep at his parents who had offered to take him in.However he had already seen that coming so when I came home on the 22nd of april he had gone and taken some essentials with him and left me a text saying that we needed to talk. I contacted his father and I was relieved to hear he was staying at his parents instead of drunk in a hotel.But that is pretty much the point at which the adrenaline kicked in because I knew I would need to arrange things very very quickly.I spent most of the week getting a new internet provider/subscription, doing his laundry, worrying about where his cat was going to go because I didn’t want to keep her (I’m allergic, she’s a special needs cat because she has kidney problems, she’s spent most weeks this year portraying “in heat” behavior because my ex partner didn’t get her spayed, so the downstairs neighbors think I have a screaming baby, the constant yowling has been driving me nuts),cleaning, gathering his items in bags and putting them in the living room so it’s easier for him to get everything out of the house.I was also worrying because he has broken a lot of items in my apartment and refuses to help repair or replace them. There’s at least 985 euros worth in damages. (a couch, chairs, a mixer, a combi oven, a slatted bed base).I know that if the situation was reversed and I broke his slotted bed base, for example, I’d offer to pay for it to be replaced.​Friday late afternoon I finished putting everything in the living room and he arrived half an hour later than we had agreed on. Sadly he couldn’t take much of his stuff because he couldn’t use the minivan his brother was supposed to take.He takes some of his stuff and goes, and I thought “this is it for this week, I can get some rest”.I suddenly became very tired, cold and hungry. I ate extra on friday, saturday and sunday. I haven’t felt like this in a long time. I ate a lot of eggs, pork belly and beef heart. Even had some canned cod liver, and two lamb chops, 125ml of whipping cream.This isn’t emotional eating, I am eating to satiety but it just seems to take a lot more.It seems to be tapering off now, as I only have my regular planned meals plus some bone marrow (which I steamed, because I don’t have a working oven) today.Last week was my premenstrual week so it’s possibly partially caused by that, but I don’t remember being this ravenous when that happened in 2018. This time it felt as if I could eat the contents of the entire butcher counter.I’ve also had trouble sleeping enough. I fall to sleep pretty quickly but I wake up before I’ve had 8 hours and can’t get back to sleep. So today again I am feeling cold and tired.I’m glad it’s tapering off, I think it’s still pretty scary to go through this and I have to keep telling myself that eating to satiety has been my friend last year so I’ll be fine, it has never made me fatter as long as I was mindful about dairy.​I’m not sure how to label this post. It’s more of a “this happened, and how zc/carnivore way of eating relates to it” kind of thing.This would have been much more frightening had I been on any other way of eating. Zc/carnivore is the only way of eating I trust eating to satiety.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2XTPv3v
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...