Just had my best workout in 8 years (hint: electrolytes)

I don’t know if this fully applies for ZC, if not I apologize. Just wanted to share my experience and perhaps a shortcoming I just figured out.I started working out about 6 weeks ago. I usually go 3-4 times a week. My workouts go well enough but lack that primal intensity. Usually I just force myself to go and when I’m there I go through the motions and try to sweat a bit. About three weeks ago I started ZC and I LOVE it. I feel steady energy throughout the day, no crashes, no brain fog, my will power to resist junk food is amazing, and my sugar cravings are all but gone. I have settled in to eating once every 12 hours and it works well for me.Anyway, since starting this I am not one to mess with a good thing, so I didn’t take any supplements. However I read on this sub that electrolytes are important to have, especially in the first month. So today I took some electrolytes 30 minutes before my workout.I felt incredible!I had zero lethargy, zero exhaustion and none of that that feeling of “eh, idk if I’m feeling it today”. I walked into the gym 110% ready to do work. I felt like i had this steady, explosive energy and I pushed myself harder then I have in the entire 6 weeks I’ve been working out. I think I got my first runners high in my life. I usually do a little bit of cardio, and today I just went for it. I went faster, longer, and more intense than I have before, and I had this huge rush of excitement and pure joy. I felt like my body had been needing this for so long. That it longs to move, to run, but it just didn’t have the right nutrition to get there. It was like my body has been in a fog and someone switched off the limiter and set it free.The shortcoming I think I figured out was not taking electrolytes. I’ve never been too smart about electrolytes or vitamins and minerals, and I’ve never really know the importance or effect they have on the body. So I’m going to try the exact same thing tomorrow and see what happens. Was it a mental thing, or a physical thing? This morning I had 3 eggs, 225 grams of bacon, and a bit of cream cheese. I’ll try it again tomorrow and see what happens. Either way I’m excited. If I can feel this good during most of my gym workouts, it will no longer be a chore, it will be something I look forward to.​​You guys are changing lives, keep sharing. I’m on this sub all the time learning what I can!



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2LdWHGr
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...