I'm alone in Chicago.

I’ve been full Carnivore for somewhere around 16 months, 2 years Keto before that, and another 8 years Paleo before Ketogenic. Let me tell you, it has been a lonely venture all the way through. Periodic searching through Meetup.com for any kind of Keto or Carnivore group has been fruitless, pardon the pun, yet the vegan groups’ reign ubiquitously. Last night at dinner with friends, I realized how alone I am in this WOE. I ordered my steak with extra butter sans any form of vegetation and the waiter and friends looked at me like I was nuts. Granted, five minutes earlier I was complimented on how healthy and lean I look, yet when I attempted to explain my diet and the reason for it after ordering, the head shaking and finger pointing began. I’m a ticking-time-bomb I was told. “Your heart is going to explode”, said one. “You better get on statins,” said another. “You’re all fat!” Said I. Then I realized that no matter what I tell this brainwashed group of sheep, they’ll never disobey the dictates of the shepherd, in this case, the dogma of the standard American diet.This morning I realized, I need a new set of friends. I’m 57 going on 12 and my friends are 57 and opening the lids to their coffins. I can no longer listen to their health complaints, the moaning about all of their aches and pains, what meds their doctors are putting them on and how they need to cut out the fat to lose the weight they’ve gained while they nosh on maple scones with a side of caramel macchiato, at Starbucks.As I sit here at my computer and whine, (thank you for listening) before having my post CrossFit breakfast of raw liver and egg yolk, I wonder to myself, ‘why aren’t there any Carnivore groups in Chicago, the once hog butcher capital of the United States?’ The answer eludes me especially so as my CrossFit buddies begin to experiment with veganism. So, if any of you Carnivores out there in reddit land need a buddy in the Windy City, please hit me up, I hate eating steak alone.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2UPiKCO
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...