Grass fed beef consistency?

http://imgur.com/a/E9EXk4I Thawing one of my ribeyes from my butcher shop right now. It’s $20.99 a pound and this one cost me $18.58. it’s gonna be my first time trying steak from a local farm, I’ve had frozen ground beef packs $6.50 a pound from a small local farm though. One looks pretty marbled to me, but I guess it’s hard to get consistent quality ( also Frank Tufano said grass fed cows are often butchered at a younger age :/ ) it’s expensive especially for frozen, but I’m excited to cook it up very rare! I’m buying from here because I don’t want to support Amazon and Walmart too much, but I would prefer it fresh and cheaper lol. What do you guys think about sourcing grass fed beef and supporting farms if you can afford it? Do you think the difference in frozen or fresh is a big deal? I hear that the beneficial bacteria die when you freeze it..maybe I should just eat both frozen and fresh.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2UNulC9
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...