Underweight - Lost 10 lbs When Trying to GAIN Weight

Male, 24, 6'0 -155 lbs- to -143 lbs-I grew up on junk food, sugary drinks, soda, and processed food. I ate a lot of meat and eggs too, but not often. Despite that way of eating I have always been a skinny, lean person who I would consider slightly underweight for most of my life. I blame this on my athleticism.Now, I am about 2 weeks into ZeroCarb (only beef, occasional liver, and water). But, note that for the past year leading up to ZeroCarb, I have been on a carnivore diet (meat, raw dairy, organ meat, 6 eggs/day) which I have stuck to religiously. I felt pretty damn good eating that way and maintained weight but still had some slight issues with fatigue and gas. The biggest change in my recent switch from carnivore to ZeroCarb has simply been the removal of dairy and eggs. I used to consume up to 100 carbohydrates a day in the form of raw dairy (8 cups raw milk/day) with little to no issues. Then I learned more about ketosis, and figured with all the dairy I have been drinking I must be missing out on the benefits of ketosis and fat adaptation. I understand milk is relatively low on the glycemic index (especially grass fed raw milk) and is an animal food but it is loaded with sugar nonetheless.So fast forward to now. I have not had milk in over two weeks. I tried a slice of raw grass-fed cheese a week ago or so and had diarrhea. I tried pasture raised eggs around the same time and had diarrhea. Raw grass fed unsalted butter? Diarrhea. This convinced me to stick to beef and water for 30 days, and that dairy was likely holding me back. Yet, I am feeling extremely fatigued now and have trouble eating enough beef (keto flu?). I started out barely eating much two weeks ago. I had maybe half a pound of a rib eye steak a day, and that was difficult. I always felt hungry.I used to be skinny-short as a kid. Then I got taller and now I am skinny-tall. I am trying to gain muscle, improve my energy levels, and cure consistent mild depression, anxiety, and anger issues. I want to live optimally. I want to grow larger and gain musculature. I want to be able to pursue my rock climbing and mountaineering hobbies to their extremes. But this weight loss is worrying me. I can noticeably tell I look frailer in the mirror. All of my musculature gains I developed rock climbing for the past year or so are fading away.Do any other ZeroCarbers use this method of eating to gain weight? I have heard about weight stabilization in this subreddit before and am convinced this is just temporary, and that my appetite will improve and I will come back stronger than ever. I should also note I have been struggling to quit marijuana for the past couple of months, and that has probably messed with my appetite levels some. I have been sober for almost 3 months with a few slip ups here and there.​TL;DR: Been carnivore/zerocarb for a year now but with lots of raw milk/dairy. Decided to try and get fat adapted. Dropped all dairy. Switched to beef water and liver only. Lost about 10 lbs. Feeling clean in the head, can breathe through my nose, feel lighter, but am very skinny and frail now, and have lost all energy. Started out struggling to eat 0.5 pounds of meat a day at first. Slowly improving, can almost consume 1 pound of meat a day now, but still only eating at most 900 calories/day. Will I eventually gain weight back and bulk up? Being skinny/weak as a male is not ideal.​



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2BRXgi0
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...