31 days Completed

Tl;Dr: ZC experience, questions at the end.Hello ZC Yesterday I completed 31 days on this diet. I wanted to share my experience so far and ask a few follow up question for the more experienced.M/26–SW: 163lbs CW: 168lbsSo. I took Amber Ohearn’s advice and ate mainly meats, eggs and dairy for the first 28 days. I also been working out 3-5 times per week and doing cardio when permissible. Before my 31 Days were up, I decided I would stick with it. I moved to red meat, water and spices only about 3 days ago. Cut out dairy, eggs and coffee.Acclimation: first few days were different. Unlike now where I have less/no headaches, at first I had numbing headaches but they went away, I supplemented w salt but soon realized that it made retain water so I dropped it. Im trying to go salt free but after 3 days of not salting my food and a drop in my endurance, I may need to have 1-3gs before or after cardio. I’m in the fence but I love to run and I had a difficult time running last Tuesday. I only ran 2miles when usually run 3.5mi in 30min.Sleep: this was/is a major stress for me. I’m still trying to find the right balance. Some days I sleep great, 7-8 hrs non stop restful sleep. Other days I’m hard to fall asleep and I’m up in 3-5hrs. I take Mg Glycinate but I’m noticing some lethargic effects the following day and I’m only taking 400mg. I made the mistake of taking 800mg once, never doing that again.I may still be adapting who knows, I’m giving this 90 days for the full benefits, possibly more but I’m already noticing huge differences in my body from 31 days ago.My body: I been paying attention to how I feel most days, my mood, my body’s response to all kinds of meat, the reaction to certain foods and my ability to exercise. I use to practice OMAD but stopped. I felt weak. I use to train fasted ALL THE TIME. But when I moved to ZC and tried OMAD, I was gassed out. I attributed it to adaptation/or simply, I had no gas in my tank, literally. I eat twice a day now. I respond better to ground beef. It’s my favorite. It’s easy to eat, not too much chewing and if cooked right, it taste delicious. Chicken, pork are good but just not good enough. They are a good starting point but beef is where its at. I eat somewhat lean cuts of beef because they are cheaper but I always add fat. Lately it’s been lard but I used a lot of butter as well. I don’t track anything except the weight. How many pounds am I eating and whether I’m eating enough.I took a total of 3 pictures. Day 1. Day 15. And day 31. Although I’m going up in weight, my stomach looks flatter. My shoulders are getting bigger, chest and legs are more toned. I’m don’t get as sore. I had great endurance during the second week to run 3.5mi in 30min 3 times that week, which I loved. I lift heavier: I do compound movements as my workout- squats, bench, row, dl, curls etc. Most of them are either above my body weight or a little under except ohp and curls. Overall, I noticed positive changes in my physique which is great.Defecation: I had runny stool maybe twice or three times at most. Then I been solid, no issues. Sometimes I go 2 times a day, there was one week were I didnt go for 3 days. Anyhow, it’s been great for me in this Dept. I’m surprised since I’ve had issues before: I got an anal fissure once from straining too hard after a heavy protein meal. But I’m eating more protein than ever and I’m not bothered, maybe it was all the processes meats that’s caused it. I dont know. I’m glad I’m doing good on this end though.Questions: 1. I’m always hot. Furnace hot. My feet get hot, my face gets hot, I feel like I have a fever but it just my body emitting heat. It gets real hot when I workout, mainly during cardio. Does this stop once your adapted? Is this a good thing?How do you manage sleep? Should I stop all supplements? Im doing this for optimal health and to look my best for the years to come. I want to be the 65 year old running marathons and lifting weights!! Haha. This diet works. It’s satisfying. Easy. Manageable.Salt. Some say yes. Others no. Everyone is different. I know this. Can you guys provide me w examples of your response to no salt, if you’re salt free? Am I going through withdrawals, the headaches are not very strong but there is some aching.THANK YOU!!!



from Zero Carb Zebras https://ift.tt/2BVVVa6
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...