[Question] For those of you who use paleo-friendly flours, how do you bake them and not have them turn out dry?

Hey there! I’m new to the paleo diet since my doctor told me to get onto it to help increase my iron intake and reduce exposure to oestrogen/oestrogen-like components.

I’ve been using both almond flour and coconut flour recently after some digging around and making sure that there were some alternatives to help me transition onto a paleo diet without feeling like I’m being forced into it.

One thing I wanted to do was make some bread to make sandwiches I could eat when on lunch break – I did with both almond and coconut flour. They both held well, but it felt like it took a while to chew and get it down because of how dry they felt. The next thing I did was try making flatbread (only with coconut flour this time around) so that my fiancรฉ and I could have some spinach hamburgers together.

So far, the only thing I’ve made that I’ve enjoyed are coconut flour chocolate-chip cookies. They hold really well after cooling, and they don’t leave me wanting to drink two bottles of water after one bite. I think it might be the pure maple syrup for those, but I’m not entirely sure.

Is there something I could add to make my breads less dry? Or are there processes I could follow to help make these recipes have a better feel to them?

submitted by /u/freejayfly
[link] [comments]

from paleo diet http://bit.ly/2RtybPh
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...