6 Month update, still going strong

My previous post, here, I was barely 3 weeks in. At that point I was already amazed by the lifting of my depression. I expressed some concern as to the longevity of this depression cure because all other “solutions” to my depression have never lasted. I was very anxious to see how I’d feel a few months down the line. Now, having passed my 6 month mark, I have no regrets. This has changed my entire life unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I am now controlling my life for, what seems like, the first time ever. Each month I feel better mentally and physically. It hasn’t been a complete linear progression, but at the very least my setbacks are more like stalls rather than huge rock bottom suicidal moments like I experienced frequently prior to zero carb. The trend is definitely a steep rise upwards, though. I’m no longer anxious about whether or not I’ll be able to stick to this WOE long term and continue to reap the benefits. Now I’m just enjoying the journey.​One thing I’ve come to realized is that all my failed attempts to eliminate my depression the past 10+ years have not been in vain. I have gained so much knowledge about depression reducing strategies but was never able to consistently implement them in my life because the pull of depression was just too strong and eventually had me searching for the next “cure.” Zero carb/Carnivore has given me the solid foundation to keep depression away (permanently IMO) so that I can now further my mental well being by consistently implementing things like meditation, sauna, resistance training, jiu jitsu, occasional psilocybin microdosing, etc, that I was never able to stick to before. I’m very grateful for that.​Beside complete relief from depression, I’ve experienced tons of other benefits often mentioned by many other zero carbers. My sleep apnea was gone after two weeks. I lost about 35 lbs with no cardio at all (211 down to 176 where I’m perfectly fine staying at). Libido increase. Workout recovery dramatic increase. Developed a love for resistance training which is resulting in muscle gain. Hardly any hunger or cravings ever (especially in comparison to before). Waking up very easily in the mornings (I’m now a morning person, wtf?). IBS gone. Lactose intolerance significantly improved. I mean, the list just keeps going. Really the only negative I’ve experienced is the thinning of my hair starting around the 3 month mark. I’ve already posted about it and received good advice. Beside telogen effluvium, might be too many eggs. In particular the egg white. My hair had already been thinning for years, so it’s also possible it’s just progressing normally and I just freaked myself out about it. Seems to be a little better recently, though. Eventually I’ll experiment cutting out egg whites, but for now I’m not too concerned.​Nutrition-wise I see the world in a completely different perspective now. Seems so obvious and natural now, but I can’t blame others for not seeing it the right way yet because we’ve been steered the wrong way for so many decades.​Anybody out there dealing with depression and anxiety, please give zero carb/carnivore a try. My first two weeks were absolute hell detoxing from all those sugars and carbs (one of the worst experiences in my life), but I would do it again in a heart beat to be able to experience life as I do now.



from Zero Carb Zebras http://bit.ly/2RXOwRD
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday!! Here’s to all of us who made it through another...

Monday ☕️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ Good Morning!! . . #autumn #monday #coffee #goals...

Hello Wednesday!! ☕️๐Ÿฅฎ Have a great day!! . . #wednesday #winter...